Using the Update Manager is the preferred way of installing the RMI Plug-in for Eclipse. The steps below will guide you through the
installation process. You can also watch the installation flash
- Select "Help -> Software Updates -> Find and
- In the "Install/Update" dialog box, select "Search for
new features to install" and press "Next".
- On the next page, add a new remote site and enter the following
Name: RMI Plug-in for Eclipse v2.0
Press "Finish" to continue.
For RAD/RSA6.0 and other products based on Eclipse 3.0 the update location is http://www.genady.net/rmi/v20/update_e30/
- Eclipse will now search for the latest plugin version. The
results are displayed in the "Updates" dialog box.
(2. click to enlarge)
(3. click to enlarge)
- In the "Updates" dialog box, check the "RMI
Plug-in for Eclipse v2.0" category. Expand the category to verify
that the latest version of the plugin is checked and press
If you don't see the latest version of the plug-in,
try downloading the plugin as ZIP file).
- Read and accept the license agreement.
- Press "Finish" to start downloading the latest version
of the RMI Plugin for Eclipse.
(5. click to enlarge)
(7. click to enlarge)
- The download will take a few moments, depending on the speed of
your internet connection.
- You will be prompted to verify the (unsigned) downloaded
feature. Press "Install All" to continue.
- Finally you will be prompted to restart Eclipse. Press
"Yes" to restart, even if you are prompted to "Apply Changes".
- That's it, you have the RMI Plugin for Eclipse installed. You
may need to reset the perspective ("Window->Reset
Perspective") to make the "RMI Registry Control"
button to appear.
|(8. click to enlarge)
(10. click to enlarge)
(9. click to enlarge)